Academics

Voice Recognition
Search
page banner image

Academics

More than Education: A Foundation for Living.

Lutheran High School East provides student with comprehensive education in a 21st century learning environment. A variety of academic coursework and a diverse variety of electives that prepare students for success in life beyond their high school years. Students are offered academic options that meet their individual academic needs and interests. The core curriculum has three tiers: Honors/CCP courses prepare students for the most rigorous of college experiences, College Preparatory (the most common track that fully prepares students for their collegiate years), and Remedial Courses which are designed to reinforce important base concepts that may not have been previously learned. All curricular areas at Lutheran East are approached with a Christian worldview. 

Students are prepared for standardized testing, including the Ohio Graduation Tests and the ACT. Tutoring is offered for those students needing additional assistance in classes or in standardized test preparation.

Unique Courses

The elective curriculum offers tremendous depth and variety. Lutheran East courses include art, music, technology, foreign language, physical education, video production & editing, and more.

Honors Academy

The Honors Academy at Lutheran East provides high-performing, driven students with opportunities to excel academically and in leadership roles. Honors Academy students must maintain a 3.5 GPA or higher and must participate in Honors Academy cultural events, leadership events, service opportunities, and more. Learn More > 

Standardized Test Preparation

Students are prepared for standardized testing, including the Ohio Graduation Tests and the ACT. Tutoring is offered for students who require additional assistance in class work and/or standardized test readiness.

Accreditation

Lutheran High School East, operated by the Cleveland Lutheran High School Association, is chartered by the Department of Education of the State of Ohio and is fully accredited by AdvancEd, the largest accrediting organization in the United States. 

College Matriculation
The past 5 graduating classes from Lutheran East have had, on average, over 90% of graduates go on to college, with the other 10% entering a trade or career program or the United States armed forces. Colleges and universities attended by graduates in the past 5 classes include:

Alderson Broaddus University
Bowling Green State University
Clark Atlanta University
Cleveland State University
Concordia University
Culinarty Institute of America
Cuyahoga Community College
Eastern Michigan University
Full Sail University
Georgetown University
Georgia State University
Grand Canyon University
John Carroll University
Kent State University
Lincoln Memorial University
Ohio University
Notre Dame College
Stillman College
Tennessee State University
The Ohio State University
The University of Akron
The University of Dayton
The University of Mount Union
The University of Toledo
Ursuline College
Xavier University
Youngstown State University
View text-based website